Tuesday 19 February 2019

RESEPI 61: STIR FRY SQUID WITH SWEET SOY SAUCE | SOTONG MASAK KICAP MANIS


This is my all-time favorite squid recipe. My mother like to cook this when I was a kid. Actually I really love squid but I rarely cooking squid because there is just too much work such as peeling off the membrane, removing the ink, and so on. As usual, this is an easy recipe with simple ingredients. Lets’ check it out!
 
stir fry squid with sweet soy sauce


INGREDIENTS
10 squids, cleaned
1 inch of ginger - cut into strips
6 tbsp. sweet soya sauce
2 cloves garlic – cut into strips
6-7 Thai chilies – sliced
1 shallot – sliced
1 tsp. turmeric powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. sugar
½ small bowl of tamarind paste (water)


SQUIDS
 


This is sweet soy sauce that i used for my cookings


Tamarind Paste Liquid

METHODS
Marinate the squid with salt and turmeric powder for about 3-5 minutes.
Heat up cooking oil and fry ginger, garlic, Thai chilies and shallot until fragrant.
Add tamarind paste liquid and sweet soy sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
Then add in squid in medium heat. Stir fry about 2-3 minutes.



Done!
I hope all of you can try this simple recipe.
Happy cooking!


No comments: