Thursday 6 May 2021

REVIEW: MALAYSIA’S FIRST-EVER TACO BELL IN CYBERJAYA

Hello All,

Salam Ramadhan.

How are you? Hope everyone is doing well, staying safe and healthy. Its been a while I didn’t update any post here. A bit busy with works and personal matters. Today, I would like to review the fast foods franchise from the U.S – Taco Bell which located at Cyberjaya. This is the first Taco Bell franchise in Malaysia. Below is a brief history about Taco Bell:

  • Taco Bell was founded by Glen Bell, an entrepreneur who first opened a hot dog stand called Bell's Drive-In in San Bernardino, California in 1948
  • Glen Bell opened the first Taco Bell in 1962 in Downey, California. Taco Bell's first franchisee opens a restaurant in Orange County, CA.
  • In 1978, PepsiCo purchased Taco Bell from Glen Bell.
  • Taco Bell serves more than 2 billion customers each year at over 7,000 restaurants worldwide




So, let’s review if the Taco Bell in Malaysia tastes just like in the U.S or not. As if I’ve been in the U.S before. Hehehe.

As expected, there’s a lot of hype when this Americanized fast food open. On my first visit, the queue was so long, and I have no patience to wait and queue. Then, I came another week and because of the raining stop when I arrived, I managed to be in the front queue. So the total waiting time is about 30 mins for dine-in.


The menu: Taco Bell combo sets costs between RM13.90 to RM15.90 which includes a soft drink and a choice of either Nacho chips or Mexican fries. Affordable price and the drink is free to flow. Very good!

I ordered Taco Supreme with a crunchy hard shell, the classic Loaded Nachos and Grilled Stuff Burrito for my dinner. I really like it. The flavor is tasty with a good balance of tangy vegetables to round out the savory meat.






To finish up my meal, I ordered the Chocodilla (À la carte – RM3.90) and the Cinnamon Twists (À la carte – RM3.90). I really like Cinnamon Twists because it is crunchy and not so sweet. Just nice with the sugar-cinnamon flavor.



Overall rating:  4/5

It worth waiting with one condition to dine in there. Don’t take away if you want a typical Mexican-inspired Taco Bell experience.

 

 

 

 

No comments: